Monday, March 23, 2009

PACE Yourself

College has so many opportunities and at times, I want to do it all! However, I know it’s not possible to jump on every opportunity, therefore I have to choose. Should I watch the movie at the Union or go to the showcase in the Six Pack? Can I get something to eat and make it to the meeting on time or should I eat afterwards? Do I have an open slot in my schedule to join this organization or will I be overloading myself? Those are all common questions I’ve asked myself multiple times since I’ve started college last fall.

Pace Productivity Inc. is a company that analyses how employees utilize their time on the job. While searching for time management tips, I ran across the Pace Productivity’s Time Tips site (TimeTips). They have a variety of “How To” subtopics such as How To Stop Procrastinating, How To Reduce Stress, How To Handle Paperwork, etc. They even have a video about “The Power of To Do Lists” given by Mark Ellwood, the company President. He recommends planning your To Do list as if you have nothing to do for the day. When you do that, you can prioritize your time (so you don’t spend less time than you like on your top priority activities). By thinking about priority projects, you can decipher the difference between priority activities and urgent activities. He recommends you allocate time to priority activities first and then fill in the other activities. I think it’s a good idea to visit Pace Productivity’s website to view their Time Tips because they are helpful for business functions as well as general aspects in life.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah i took your advice and followed the link Time Tips, and saw some great ideas on how to stop procrastination because i know my biggest problem would be putting things off to the last second.

    ReplyDelete